AIAS GOTY awards out | GEARS *CRUSHES* | Cliffy B powder-slaps Harrison!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE=""] Gears of War won the following:

Overall GOTY
Console GOTY
Outstanding Achievement in Animation
Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play
Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering
Oustadning Character Performance (Male)
Action/Adventure GOTY

http://www.interactive.org/content/pdf/AIAS_10th_IAA_WINNNERS.pdf

The newly created Lifetime Achievement Award goes to NOA's Minoru Arakawa and Howard Lincoln. Dan Bunten is inducted into the gaming HOF this year.

Zelda:TP won a grand total of 1 award in the Oustanding Achievement in Story & Character Development category.

However the award for best reception of an award goes to Cliffy B, accepting the prize for Gears' win for Outstanding Achievement in Online Play. The prize was presented by Sony president of worldwide studios Phil Harrison, and when Gears was announced as the winner, many an eye widened in the crowd.

As Cliff accepted the award, he made sure to mention how robust the Xbox 360's online capabilities were--a not-too-veiled dig at Harrison's PlayStation 3. Harrison took the jab in good humor even when Cliff left the stage without an acknowledgement to Harrison, and chuckled as he approached the microphone to present the next award. These are the moments that make award shows like this.

LinkCows OWNED!

DISCUSS
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dreams-Visions
get in here, ye scalleywags!
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
LMA:lol: @ the quote box. WOW.
I mean the one on the bottom.
nanomecha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nanomecha4
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts
Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dreams-Visions
Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.nanomecha4
AIAS is now teh biased?
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
Take that Floppison and followers of Floppison!
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.nanomecha4
Sounds like DC to me.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Lol unplug your keyboard, earlier today you killed all credibillity by randomly posting "PSP owns DS" :lol: Move along people, it's justa frustrated cow. Nothing to see here.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dreams-Visions
Take that Floppison and followers of Floppison!InsaneBasura
he took it right on the nose man. dayum! hilarious.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="nanomecha4"]Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.Dreams-Visions
AIAS is now teh biased?

Only when something else than a PS3 game wins.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
Okami got no love once again.:(
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="nanomecha4"]Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.InsaneBasura
AIAS is now teh biased?

That will be the last we see of him in this thread.  He posts just like Reset7machines, when someone calls him and he can't defend himself he just leaves or changes the subject...coincidence...?....:shock:
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="nanomecha4"]Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.TheSystemLord1
AIAS is now teh biased?

That will be the last we see of him in this thread. He posts just like Reset7machines, when someone calls him and he can't defend himself he just leaves or changes the subject...coincidence...?....:shock:

definitely not a coincidence. poor fellow. must be hard being a Cow.
console_fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 console_fanboy
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
Couldnt agree more with the award choice. Haters truely owned. But they will continue to hate.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
Phil Harrison set himself up for this by choosing to present the award.
TripleXAlexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TripleXAlexXx
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
[QUOTE="nanomecha4"]Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.Dreams-Visions
AIAS is now teh biased?

It would appear biased if you were one of the biggest fanboys ever.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
So a great game wins a bunch of awards. GOOD FOR EPIC.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

i'm glad cliffy gave sony the snub they deserve..

CONGRATS GEOW!!!!   well deserved...:)

TripleXAlexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TripleXAlexXx
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="nanomecha4"]Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.Dreams-Visions
AIAS is now teh biased?

That will be the last we see of him in this thread. He posts just like Reset7machines, when someone calls him and he can't defend himself he just leaves or changes the subject...coincidence...?....:shock:

Bigboss does the same thing. Maybe they're all the same person. haha. it'd be funny if they were all the same person, and that person would log out of one account and log in another to back up his other account to make it look better.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="console_fanboy"]Couldnt agree more with the award choice. Haters truely owned. But they will continue to hate.

indeed. people have to acknowledge the greatness that this game is. now...about the damned multiplayer host advantage :evil:
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 InsaneBasura
To be honest though I'm not sure if it actually deserved all those awards. Art direction? Animation? Character performance? Not that those things were bad in Gears, but surely there must've been something better released in 2006? Also, Capcom is absent once again, sucks. Okami should've won Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Spock-
To be honest though I'm not sure if it actually deserved all those awards. Art direction? Animation? Character performance? Not that those things were bad in Gears, but surely there must've been something better released in 2006? Also, Capcom is absent once again, sucks. Okami should've won Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction.InsaneBasura
Capcom don't participate in the AIAS.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheSystemLord1
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="nanomecha4"]Awards are starting to mean less and less. Awards shows are moneyhatted events to sell things, Microsoft is the king of paying off reviews and developers for an edge, this award is nothing new. MEh.TripleXAlexXx
AIAS is now teh biased?

Bigboss does the same thing. Maybe they're all the same person. haha. it'd be funny if they were all the same person, and that person would log out of one account and log in another to back up his other account to make it look better.

The only thing is that I can't name any Wii or 360 fanboys who are this intense.  I mean nano's account was created 2 days ago and what is his post count? 500? I dunno I'm not gunna scroll up...

back on topic now:  Epic did a fantastic job with Gears, it is one of my favorite games to play whenever I get the chance.  I've had my copy of it waiting for me to get a 360 for about a month now...absolutely cannot WAIT to see it all the way through.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheSystemLord1
To be honest though I'm not sure if it actually deserved all those awards. Art direction? Animation? Character performance? Not that those things were bad in Gears, but surely there must've been something better released in 2006? Also, Capcom is absent once again, sucks. Okami should've won Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction.InsaneBasura

I agree that Okami should have won for art direction.  But technically, Gears is like living in a real life comic book.  The characters are big and beefy...the environments are dark and sinister.  Maybe thats why it won.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]To be honest though I'm not sure if it actually deserved all those awards. Art direction? Animation? Character performance? Not that those things were bad in Gears, but surely there must've been something better released in 2006? Also, Capcom is absent once again, sucks. Okami should've won Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction.-Spock-

And it sucks. Okami should have won. If the games that deserve the award don't get it, then what's the bloody point?
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]To be honest though I'm not sure if it actually deserved all those awards. Art direction? Animation? Character performance? Not that those things were bad in Gears, but surely there must've been something better released in 2006? Also, Capcom is absent once again, sucks. Okami should've won Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction.InsaneBasura

And it sucks. Okami should have won. If the games that deserve the award don't get it, then what's the bloody point?

gotta sign up to compete.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Spock-
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]To be honest though I'm not sure if it actually deserved all those awards. Art direction? Animation? Character performance? Not that those things were bad in Gears, but surely there must've been something better released in 2006? Also, Capcom is absent once again, sucks. Okami should've won Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction.Dreams-Visions

Why should they? To know your own excellence, you should not have to pay for it.
animation_imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 animation_imp
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts
Gotta pay to compete and it's well known Capcom refuses to pay to participate at an award event
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]To be honest though I'm not sure if it actually deserved all those awards. Art direction? Animation? Character performance? Not that those things were bad in Gears, but surely there must've been something better released in 2006? Also, Capcom is absent once again, sucks. Okami should've won Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction.-Spock-

Why should they? To know your own excellence, you should not have to pay for it.

every event is different.
sneeze25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sneeze25
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
Great news Gears deserves every single one of those awards. Its a pity Okami still isnt recieving the nominations or recognition it deserves though....
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

To Sony fanboys they seem less, to those that loved Gears far more though, one game getting nearly ALL awards ? That is no small win

MoneyGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MoneyGa
Member since 2006 • 337 Posts
lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
I prefer Okami to Gears, FFXII and KH2 were really great games also. I'm surprised that Zelda didn't come out as the big winner. but thats great for cliffy b, its not like phil harrison and him are competeting. dr.PH doesn't even develop games.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dreams-Visions
I prefer Okami to Gears, FFXII and KH2 were really great games also. I'm surprised that Zelda didn't come out as the big winner. but thats great for cliffy b, its not like phil harrison and him are competeting. dr.PH doesn't even develop games.Adrian_Cloud
agreed. But Phil still got owned ;)
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

Moo.nanomecha4

Just thought I'd sum up your arguement for you.

youarecry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 youarecry
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts

Cliffy laid the smackdown on the ps3

every1 point and laugh at the ps3 and resistance.

• What happened to this resistance game that is supposed so great that cows claim is better than geow?

how many awards did resistance win the year?  i know that gears has won well over 100. 

When its all said and done, the xbox 360 will have atleast 4 goty awards over the course of its lifetime

the ps3 will have NONE

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dreams-Visions

Cliffy laid the smackdown on the ps3

every1 point and laugh at the ps3 and resistance.

• What happened to this resistance game that is supposed so great that cows claim is better than geow?

how many awards did resistance win the year?  i know that gears has won well over 100. 

When its all said and done, the xbox 360 will have atleast 4 goty awards over the course of its lifetime

the ps3 will have NONE

youarecry
so true. but I think Cows are giving the game the respect it deserves...by simply not saying anything at all.
PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
Another biased award show. :sigh::x
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dreams-Visions
Another biased award show. :sigh::xPowerCharged
;)
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dreams-Visions
;)
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts
Gears of War is the ownage.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Get used to it, the best games usually win awards, regardless of whether or not you liked it.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="PowerCharged"]Another biased award show. :sigh::xVyse_The_Daring
Get used to it, the best games usually win awards, regardless of whether or not you liked it.

pretty much. haters always amaze me at times like this.